Lake Street Nursery is planning towards opening again, dependant on latest Government advice, from Monday 8th June 2020.
This will look significantly different than usual and will be our first step towards developing a ‘new normal’ and wider opening from September.
We will be working in two separate cohorts of children and adults, based on our Key Base system. Social distancing will be in place for ALL adults working with the children and for parents. Safety is our first priority and to this end we will be working to support the integrity of the two social groups, ‘bubbles’ of staff and children.
This will include the following:
- Two days only – 10 hours in total – for each ‘bubble’ – with no cross over between these groups
- Opening hours will be 9.30 – 2.30 only
- Children should only be attending one setting – this includes use of nanny or childminder
- No more than 8-10 children in each cohort
- Prioritising may be necessary: those leaving to start school in September, vulnerable pupils (eg. those in receipt of EYPP) and children of essential workers will be prioritised in the first phase of opening
- Wednesday will be closed to both groups, to allow for deeper cleaning, training and visits or maintenance
- Continued support to those still at home and to new starters remotely from their allocated key person