“Outstanding” – Ofsted
Lake Street Nursery
Small and friendly nursery in South Oxford where 2-4 year olds can develop and thrive. Home from home environment rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
Find out more by calling 01865 727939 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursery Hours Survey
We’re looking into extending our hours and this 5-minute survey is to gauge local interest from parents (with children already at nursery with us, or those considering sending them here).
Our current opening hours are 8:45am-2:45pm, Monday to Friday. To give us your feedback and fill in the survey, click here.
Please feel free to share this link with anyone you think might be interested in giving us their feedback. Thanks!
Learning through play
Our play-based approach
Play is one of the main ways in which children learn and develop. It helps to build self worth by giving a child a sense of his or her own abilities and to feel good about themselves. Because it’s fun, children often become very absorbed in what they are doing.
Through play, children develop language skills, their emotions and creativity, social and intellectual skills. It is also how they learn to socialise, as they engage in learning through play experiences with other children and adults.
Play takes place indoors and outdoors and it is in these different environments that children explore and discover their immediate world. It’s here they practice new ideas and skills, take risks, show imagination and solve problems on their own or with others.
COVID-19 UPDATE and Change to opening hours from September 2020
We are delighted to announce that we are extending our session hours, from September 2020, to all children. We will be changing from our existing 2.5 hour sessions to 3 hour sessions. We hope this will prove more convenient for families and it will help us to create a smoother start to the day for all children. Our hours will be:
Mornings: 8.45 – 11.45
Afternoons: 11.45 – 2.45
Drop off and pick up will be 11.45 between sessions. Afternoon children need to bring a packed lunch as before.
We can also confirm that our fees will increase to £6.30 per hour. A three hour session will therefore be charged at £18.90
We have been open for the summer term in two ‘social bubbles’ based on our key groups for 10 hours per group. We are planning for the Autumn Term to be open full time and are awaiting Government updates around social bubbles and class sizes in order to assess whether there will be any restriction to the size of group on the site.
We would like to direct all our families to our Facebook page where nursery manager Catherine, and other team members post regular ideas and links for home activities and information about the play and learning at Nursery.
If you are interested in a place for the future do email us as usual and, those of us working remotely, will respond as soon as we able to.
For the latest information on coronavirus (COVID-19) visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Catherine Morey and the other Trustees (Management Committee)
What We Offer
Up to 30 hours a week in term-time, 8:45am-2:45pm.
A strong focus on outdoor education in our amazing garden.
Experienced, fun-loving staff and a key person for every child.
Reasons To Choose Us
Based in one of Oxford’s most beautiful parks (Hinksey Park), our nursery is at the heart of the community. An easy and pleasant cycle ride from the city centre and well-connected by public transport.
- Rated Outstanding by Ofsted
- Excellent SEN support
- Flexible sessions
- Strong focus on music and arts
- Confidence-boosting activities
- Learning through nature
- Funded hours accepted
- Experienced, fun-loving staff
- Huge outdoor space
- Close to Oxford city centre
What The Parents Say
- September startTerm 1 will begin on Monday 7 September 2020, at 8.45 Please be aware of our new sessions times of 8.45-11.45, 11.45-2.45 We will also be following advice regarding the situation with COVID19 and will inform parents of any changesContinue reading “September start”
- Coronavirus Update 1 June 2020Lake Street Nursery is planning towards opening again, dependant on latest Government advice, from Monday 8th June 2020. This will look significantly different than usual and will be our first step towards developing a ‘new normal’ and wider opening fromContinue reading “Coronavirus Update 1 June 2020”
- Lake Street mentioned on Oxford MUMblerAs part of our strategy to recruit new members to nursery, Committee member Maddy (who is a freelance journalist) wrote a guest article for parenting website Oxford MUMbler in return for some coverage. You can read the article ‘3 secretsContinue reading “Lake Street mentioned on Oxford MUMbler”